Friday, August 22, 2008

Looking for Signs of Fall, Finding a Lame Horse


Yesterday I took my camera (which I hate) and went walking through the general pasture looking for signs of fall. My camera, a Nikon Coolpix L5, is incredibly unreliable when it comes to focus. I was disappointed that so many pictures were fuzzy. Google's Picassa 2 photo program came to my rescue. It is easy, so easy to use and offers an amazing range of "click and apply" effects. Here are some ruined shots that were given a second life by Picasa.

Tomorrow I take Red to our Vet Clinic for a two hour appointment. He is lame in his right hind leg. Seriously lame. Our vet did a barn call this morning and started the series of blocking shots that help to isolate the location of what may contributes to his lameness. She ruled out an abscess and we agreed to continue at the clinic tomorrow.

I'm guessing that many folks reading belong to the horse tribe and know exactly what I'm going through. I am worried and distracted - want him okay at all costs and yet wince imagining that cost. I'm guessing that I will have to say "goodbye" to my horse trailer fund. No problem, I want my dear Red Horse pain free and sound.






























1 comment:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I hope that nothing serious is wrong with Red.
The photos are nice, it is fun to mess with artistic effects.