Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lena is HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The calls came at 12:30 am and 3:20 am - a man calling to say he might have my dog and would I please call to give him a description. He hoped the dog in question was Lena but he also hoped she wasn't because he was growing very fond of her (Lena does that to people). I waited until early afternoon since it seemed like Lena's potential hero was a night owl. When I called, I described my girl down to the scar on her nose from picking on a raccoon. Her hero - James, said called her by her name and she must have responded cuz he sort of mumbled, "yep, guess she is your dog." MY DOG!!!! After such a long time I thought I would never see her cute face again. When I walked up to James' house, Lena was peaking out the window, wriggling like crazy and making little squeaky whiny sounds. Her hero James seemed like a good soul, sort of a late night, punk music fan with a soft spot for lost dogs. He is also my hero. Thank you James! And thank you everyone who gave me so much encouragement while Lena was missing, it really helped.

4 comments:

Latigo Liz said...

I AM SO GLAD SHE’S HOME! I know how much you love that dog. Keep her close. :)

Cactus Jack Splash said...

WOOO HOOO, that is wonderful news. James sounds like a good guy.
Lena, Jack says you need to stay home and not worry your DOR.

One Red Horse said...

Liz and Jack, Thanks for caring about my silly Lena's escapades! I think she is as happy to be home as I am to have her here! Enjoy your weekend.

One Red Horse said...

[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/rabblement/Humboldt%20Horses/love_your_blog_award.jpg[/IMG]