Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Favorite Tag Game - Book Tag!!!!!


I've been tagged to play "Book Tag"
by
Cactus Jack Splash and his DOR
over The Journeys of Cactus Jack Splash Blog.

Here are the rules:
1)Grab the nearest book.iu98
2)Open the book to page 56.
3)Find the fifth sentence.
4)Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
5)Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one.
Pick the Closest.
6)Tag five people to do the same.

Got a whole pile of books sitting at my elbow. First book I see is Retraining: Teaching New Skills to Previously Trained Horses. Page 56 has some stuff about snaffle bits. Red hates having "metal squeezie things" on his face so I'll skip that (oopsie, think I broke a rule). Next Book is Horse Sense for People by Monty Roberts. A
ctually forgot I had this book. Page 56? Hmmmmm . . .

Most of the round pens of the old West had a very large tree trunk standing in the center, with deep grooves worn into it by the ropes that were used to restrain the wildest animals you can imagine. A couple of wraps around this snubbing post would cause a wild horse to come crashing to the ground literally at the end of his tether. The round pen was the classroom for "traditional horse breaking." Horses were restrained, blindfolded and broken to submission.


Round Pens have sure come full circle. Previously used to break spirits, they are now used to join up human and horse. The snubbing post has been replaced by a human seeking to build a partnership with the horse.

OK.

Time to tag five more.

I love to read Horse Noob.
Wonder what Liberal Cowgirl is reading?
Desert Horses should have an interesting read close at hand.
Hmmmm, I enjoy reading Gray Horse Matters, wonder what she is reading these days?
One of my favorite blogs is about Foxy Pants, a much pampered rescue horse, wonder what her mom is reading?

ooohhhhh, I need ONE more. Gonna have to add that as an edit.








2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Howdy neighbor! I was at Bonita Park Elem. for grades 1-5. Then, in 6th grade, I rode my bike to Hugo Reid Elem. School. So, we were in Arcadia at the same time! I graduated from Arcadia HS in 1970.

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for your comment. How are things out there with all the fires? Are you in a safe spot?
This slaughter thing is going to keep me up nights!
Lori