Friday, December 5, 2008

My Routine

routine
 –noun
1. a customary or regular course of procedure.
2. commonplace tasks, chores, or duties as must be done regularly or at specified intervals; typical or everyday activity: the routine of an office.
3. regular, unvarying, habitual, unimaginative, or rote procedure.
4. an unvarying and constantly repeated formula, as of speech or action; convenient or predictable response: Don't give me that brotherly-love routine!
5. Computers.
a. a complete set of coded instructions directing a computer to perform a series of operations.
b. a series of operations performed by the computer.
6. an individual act, performance, or part of a performance, as a song or dance, given regularly by an entertainer: a comic routine; a dance routine.
–adjective
7. of the nature of, proceeding by, or adhering to routine: routine duties.
8. dull or uninteresting; commonplace.


Most every night I follow the same routine. Home, eat fast, change into my stable clothes, grab the "dog of the day" and head for heaven. I am so dang lucky. I GET to do this every night. Sometimes it is exhausting, I am challenged by the physical demands, and there I nights I long to cuddle up with a good book. Yet there is no place I'd rather be then freezing my tail off as I lead my two sweet horses out of the curling fog and mist of the almost freezing general pasture. I am doing what I love. This is my routine - there is nothing commonplace about it. I'm blessed and give thanks every night for the extraordinary rhythm of my life.

1 comment:

Lori Skoog said...

It's hard for non horse people to understand the committment we have to our animals. I have done this for almost 30 years and it adds great quality to my life (and health). My horses have good lives and I will always make sure of it.
Birthday greetings.

Lori