Friday, December 26, 2008

Red's 1st Night in his Stall this Winter


If you read this blog you KNOW I'm a huge advocate for horses living as close to "natural" as possible. Red lives outside just about 24/7 all year. There are a few exceptions. One is hail.
Yesterday it hailed, hailed, and hailed. When it was time to say goodnight to my little herd, Red gave absolutely no complaint (he usually puts the brakes on) when we turned toward his stall instead of the general pasture

A big advantage for Red in being stalled overnight is when I greet him in the morning I always bring him one of his favorite oat cakes from Ramones Bakery. He can hear the paper rustling as I walk down the stall aisle. He gets so excited he is actually quivering when I offer him a bite. Silly, spoiled Red Horse.












That was soooooooo good.

Who is sneaking up on me?




3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Isn't funny the things they love to eat for treats! Nice the big guy gets spoiled

Grey Horse Matters said...

Oh, he's so sweet. Love to spoil my horses too.

Lori Skoog said...

Many thanks for the kind comments regarding my herd. They appreciate good care and give a lot back to me.
Lori