Sunday, January 11, 2009

It was a Wild Wolf Moon . . .




. . . that shone over the general pasture,
illuminating the fields so intensely
I needed no other light.





Jerico was waiting to come inside.


And of course, I can't take another horse without taking Red.




Just as we walked up the drive and entered the barn . . . 


. . . the valley burst into the wild song of at least five different packs - the coyotes 
of Freshwater Valley were greeting their own as the Wolf Moon rose higher in the sky.

6 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

That is a wonderful series of pictures. I love the moon through the black tree branches

Lori Skoog said...

Great photos and text! The moon has been very bright here the past couple of nights...dramatic.
Hope all is well out there!

VALKYRIEN said...

Amasing pictures! Love the horse in silhuett - and the moon through the branches. Well done!

"Ice Pony Girl" said...

Lovely!!! My moon shots never turn out.

CoyoteFe said...

Glorious photos of a glorious moon! Once again, it shone through my window last night, and I gazed at it until I feel asleep. Great capture!

Ishtar said...

So cool!