Thursday, January 1, 2009

Skywatch Friday No.25


While looking for a place to pull over to take pictures for Skywatch Friday, I had a thoroughly enjoyable thought. At that moment I was joining all Skywatchers across the globe, searching for just the right picture for the 25th Skywatch Friday. So welcome to my blog and today's sky photos. I look forward to visiting as many of your blogs as I can.


The first two pictures were taken looking East up the Freshwater Creek watershed. Freshwater Creek is a tributary of Humboldt Bay and the spawning ground of Salmon and Steelhead. In fact, you can even adopt your own fish through the Humboldt Fish Action Council.


This last picture is of the trees beside the barn at my home away from home, Freshwater Valley Stables. Happy New Years and Happy Skywatching everyone! See you next week.

10 comments:

Lew said...

Those are lovely skywatch photos; they look like watercolors! Happy 2009 from SFO area - Linnea

soulbrush said...

lovely pics, you are so right, we are all united in bloggyland. happy new year.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lovely photos as always

mountain.mama said...

Taking pictures for SkyWatch has altered how I look at the sky now. It's wonderfully positive to think of people doing this together.

I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved Max. It's so easy to get attached to our animal friends and such a sorrow when they are gone.

esnorway said...

Nice pics happy new year

The Arthur Clan said...

It really is fun to participate in a photography endeavor with a bunch of other photography enthusiasts! Your photos are lovely.

Arija said...

Love the mountain shots. Through skywatch a lot more people have become aware of the vast expanse above us. I for one was glad to discover skywatch, as I've taken skyshots ever since I got my first digital camea where expense was no longer in the equasion.

Skies said...

Nice photos here, it's a different skies we have. Thanks for dropping by my page. Good Day!

Lori Skoog said...

I just might have to get involved with this skywatch thing. I must have over a thousand pictures of it since last February.

Hope all is well out there. Thanks for the sweet comments.
Lori

Louise said...

Nice photos. I love all the mist.