Friday, March 27, 2009

Once Upon a Time (about 2 days ago) . . .


. . . Red noticed that his beloved Coal with muching down on something tasty. 
 "Hmmmm, what's that you got Coalie Sweets?"


That Red Horse mosied right over and saw that Coal had the salt lick ALL TO HERSELF. 


Red wanted some, so he just pushed his sweetie right on out of the way.


"Come on Red Horse, share some with me,"  pleaded the beautiful Coal.


"MINE!"  BACK OFF!!!  What a greedy Red Horse.


That Coalie girl spun around and . . . thought she'd try a little flirting to
distract mean Red Horse from the salt.  It IS Spring, afterall.


HAHAHAHA!  It WORKED!  Red forgot all about the salt lick.  But then . . . 


. . . he saw me out of the corner of his eye.  HEY!  Its MOM!  Oh yay, time to eat dinner.  


"I'm ready mom, here I come."


Let's Go.


"HEY! Where you headed to?  I'm over HERE! 
You gotta be kidding me?  Lyra?   You're looking for that silly mare again?
But I'm ready to go eat my dinner NOW!"
  

No Lyra on the West side of the pasture.


"Sweet Grass, where is Lyra?"


There she is, in the very farthest corner of the pasture.


"Fine, you got her, can we go already?  I'll meet you at the gate."









3 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

Methinks Lyra must be some kind of totem!

Lori Skoog said...

A sweet story. You must be feeling a lot better now?

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Nice tale. Red you are the MAN...all of those mares.