Saturday, March 28, 2009

Red's New Fashion Statement


Red was very pleased with his new horse collar.  While he has always presented his nose for the halter, he also has seemed quite relieved when the halter was removed.  One night I came across the horse neck collar while scanning Country Supply.  Thought it would be a nice alternative to heavy, stiff, wet halters in stormy weather.  After 2 1/2 years Red is very consistent about giving to pressure and dealing with being tied.  I believe the collar is a safe option for him.  Boy, what a far cry from 2 1/3 years ago when I would get him from the GP and he pranced circles around me, screaming for his herd.  Sometimes I actually used a stud chain.  Yuck!   Thank you natural horsemanship training methods.  Thank you Red!

3 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Great idea...I'm sure your horse is happy.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Interesting, I have never seen one before.

Esther Garvi said...

I actually bought two of them in Sweden seeing it might work better here than halters, but they were not the right size, so I've never tried them. Red is beautiful in his!