Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Red Tee Bar


One day belated, my Red Horse turned 17 on April 27th.   




Tonight one of my barnmates, a lifelong horsewoman with a keen eye and exacting expectations, gave Red quite a complement.  She said, "he's sure turned into a good horse."  My friend and I both know he didn't just "turn"over night.  Red and I have traveled many trails together since our first night when he planted a horseshoe sized bruise on my right cheek (the one I sit on).  Back then he was a 20 foot tall wild boy.  I actually (hate the very idea now) used a stud chain on him.  These days I have a partnership I treasure with a horse I adore.  Red is absolutely himself and "submits" not one little bit.  Rather, he gives me his best try in all I ask him.  I work hard at maintaining a respectful relationship.  He watches me closely, keeps me alert, serves as my equine instructor in my practice of mindfulness.  Red Tee Bar, you are my very, very good boy.  


4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Happy Birthday Red...what a great photo. How could you not love him to pieces?

Esther Garvi said...

Happy birthday Red! He is so beautiful Cherie and you have all reason to be proud!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Happy birthdy Red. You are one great horse!

One Red Horse said...

Lori, Esther, and C. Jack - thanks for your birthday wishes and compliments for Red. We are all so fortunate for the horses in our lives.