Thursday, April 23, 2009

Skywatch Friday # 41



Sundown on Semiahmoo
 July, 2006










I've been saving these favorites of mine for a time I had no photos of current skies.  This is one of my favorite places on earth, a small sandspit off of Boundary Bay.  Once it was the territory of the Semiahmoo Nation.  There was a camp a few feet from where the photos were taken.  When I visit my father in Blaine, Washington I like to visit this spot, walk along the tide line, offer my respect for what was lost and my regret for how it was taken.


Please visit the Skywatch Friday Site and cyber journey through our world as you see more glorious skies.






11 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow these are stunning. What amazing colours!

Dagrun said...

The sky is really on fire! Beautiful.

Esther Garvi said...

Stunning beauty! No wonder this is one of your favourite places on earth!

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

You captured Mr. Sun just before he dipped below the horizon. A magical time!!!!

Lori Skoog said...

Amazing photos! What more can I say?

mountain.mama said...

Oh so very beautifully breathtaking, love these.

Russ said...

Beautiful shots! Happy SWF!

allhorsestuff said...

Fabulous skys there! I think it may be a favorite spot for me as well.
My hsuband is in the Army Band and travel there about once a year...I think I may join him next time!
KacyK

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Very pretty

Babooshka said...

These really are so beautiful

Gaelyn said...

These are all amazing skies. And that's a beautiful place to visit as well. Thanks for sharing one of your special places.