Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Stills: Religion


My religion does not live within constructed walls.  
It soars, wild and joyous, when the Creator 
touches my heart as my hand touches Creation.



All that is Holy rises, immanent, through the fields, 
deep within the velvet eye of my equine beloved,
from the full hearted pleasure of my canine friends.



For me, it has always been this way.  
As a child I found solace in the grass, attended by birdsong.



When I see the elegant, surging flight of the herd, I am
overwhelmed with gratitude for the Creator's blessings.



When my hand is touched, with sentience, by another being, 
I feel the touch of spirit, of life, of the Creator.




14 comments:

Ed said...

Nice selections and welcome to the Sunday Stills Challenge..Ed

Jen Mo said...

Great shots! I agree that in nature you can be closer! Welcome!

MariesImages said...

NICE SELECTION OF IMAGES, love the heading image on your blog!
Welcome~

J9 said...

I love this post, the words, the photos, everything about it makes me feel right with the world!

WhimsybyMari said...

great selection of photos Welcome

Andrea said...

A wonderful selection of photos...and your writing is beautiful! :) Welcome to Sunday Stills!

Lori Skoog said...

Well put! and I am wild about the photo of the eye.

Holly said...

lovely!

VioletSky said...

beautiful words to go with the images.

Pete said...

Wonderful words and very nice picture selection. I love the 'spirit' of the first pic.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lovely post

CTG Ponies said...

A beautiful post.

Regular Guy said...

Nice shot of the field and pond.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful photos, I especially enjoyed the grasses..very nice:)