Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grace: My New $795 Truck



I've been looking for a larger truck for a long time - this was not exactly what I had in mind but this week my little Toyota sucked a head gasket.  **Desparation Strikes!!**  I don't like to get new vehicles and I like even less taking out loans for thousands of dollars.  So.  I saw this on Craig's List.

Notice it is sitting in my drive way.

I am now the owner of a 1986 F150.  This could be good.  Or.  See, my Toyota gasped its last breaths in the parking lot where I met the guy to see this truck.  My poor Toyota.  It was a bit unnerving.  I bought the Ford as a smogged vehicle.  But being a bit shaken, my vigilance was not as strong as I needed it to be and I did not review the smog certification.  It has expired.  See where my full-fledged paranoid fit is taking this?  

Can't do a thing until I get this smogged . . . first thing tomorrow.  Meanwhile - gotta work on experiencing  my new truck as a blessing.


   


8 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

That's terrific! What vehicle of that color could fail to be a blessing? Congrats! Enjoy! Sending you light for your smog-less-ness.

mountain.mama said...

We had a 1986 Ford 150 that was a great truck. Good luck with this one!

Esther Garvi said...

Looking good!

allhorsestuff said...

WOW! That is the spittin image/make of the truck my mom and then sisterinherited as I grew up...it was a 70's version...Old Blue!
Thanks for the comment on my B/W shots...what was the mare thinknin?...As we walked into the watery sunset..." I wish we were back at the corral with her tkaing self portraits and me munchin hay!"

theegggather said...

Love the photos.

theegggather said...

OOps! posted to the wrong one. I love the truck too. We had and '86 too. Great truck.

Serena said...

I had this SAME truck, i swears, except mine was a dually. GREAT old rig. Same color even. Her name was Beulah Blue. :) 212,000 miles and all i ever had to do was replace a fuel tank sensor.

One Red Horse said...

Fe - Thank you for the sending . . . will post results.
Mountain Mama - I am hoping my 1986 will follow in kind.
Ester - thank you!
All Horse Stuff - I had an Old Blue for many years, it was a 1952 Chevy.
theeggather - thank you. And I'm loving all the good reports on 86' Ford trucks.
Serena - thanks for your encouraging words.