Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Online Community: Are You Interested in Barefoot Trimming?






Whether you are interested in learning more about how to promote healthy hoof function or have been trimming horses' feet for years, the Horse City Hoof Forum will provide you with some great information and helpful ideas.  This is my number one favorite online resource.  They are a truely nice group of folks who range from those wanting to learn more about hoof care, to those just starting to do their own trimming, to highly skilled trimmers.  All are generous with their ideas and encouragement.  

The photo in this entry is of my mare Lyra's front right hoof which provides me with constant challenge.  It is a wry hoof and my efforts to "follow the sole" sometimes feel like trying to follow an optical illusion.  The lines in the photo are drawn by a Horse City Hoof Forum resident member who has a great eye.  I found them incredibly helpful for getting back on track with Lyra.

Please visit this wonderful corner of our "online community."  Your horse will thank you!


2 comments:

horseideology said...

Wow! That's awesome! I will have to check out that group. I do have a barefoot trimmer and we are starting to do a bit of rasping between her trims.

enlightenedhorsemanship said...

What a neat thing to have those lines drawn for you! Of course, it would be better to have them tattooed on there for each trim, no? I will have to check out the community. Wonderful that there is a blossoming of this tradition online.