Monday, June 22, 2009

Grace: In the Hidden World



What we perceive is often very limited. We move through many hidden worlds, visible and invisible. One of those worlds is that beneath our feet. When I was a child, I would spend hours upon hours on my knees, my nose almost touching the ground. I was not pretending to be an ostrich, I was peering into the rich and lively world that was hidden within the grass and flowers. There insects lived out their busy lives and a thousands forms of beauty lay waiting to be revealed to the searching soul.

One lovely member of the hidden land is Self-Heal, an herb with healing properties on many levels. Many years ago I made and used flower essences, believed by many to carry the healing vibrational gifts of the flower from which they are made. Flower essences are a form of energy healing. The flower I first came to know and love was Self-Heal. As a flower essence, this lovely little herb encourages self-forgiveness. It is helps to ease our grief and shame over how our own actions may have hindered our growth. It helps us to experience the ever-present, ever-accessible connection with the Creator.

As a herb, Self-Heal is very helpful for both humans and horses. For humans, one of Self-Heal's many suggested uses is for skin ailments and wound care. For horses Self-Heal was used by the Black Foot Tribe for skin and eye ailments (Plant Biographies: Prunella vulgarisl).



3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Interesting post and lovely picture

Grey Horse Matters said...

Thanks for the information, I didn't know about this particular plant. It's amazing how much there is still to learn about so many things. I always admire people who are versed in all the healing properties of plants.
Beautiful picture too.

horseideology said...

Speaking of Hidden Worlds you might enjoy Cooper's Collar photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelbenjamin/sets/72157602652072917/