Monday, July 6, 2009

Grace: Bessie Blue is Up and Running






Remember the tales of my $795 emergency purchase truck, bought on the day my little Toyota blew a head gasket? Here she is, running fine, starting right up. Remember me under the truck? A few days slowly relearning my limited mechanic skills and going through the entire starting system - cleaning connections, taking the starter in to be tested? Well, here is the end of the story.


The fix? Bessie has a tiltable steering wheel that was in a tilt postion. A simple flick of the switch that moved the position into a straight line was all it took to return Bessie to starting health. Did I figure that out? No. After a week messing with Bess, I called my former mechanic. He did a few tests which led him to the ignition. Once there he said, "Hmmmmm, I wonder . . . " and Bessie got a straightened steering column and I got a truck that starts. After scratching my head and chuckling over my week with the starting system, I appreciated having my tool and tinkering skills back "on line".



3 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

I expect you will have some great adventures with Bessie Blue.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I am sorry, but that post made me giggle. Reminded me of he time I couldn't get my jeep started because when I turned the key off I accidentally flipped the emergency kill switch-I didn't know I had one.

HBFG said...

Bessie Blue is gorgeaus! Glad she is running again! Have fun together!!!
:))