Thursday, July 2, 2009

Grace: Slowing Down and Hearing that Small, Quiet Voice




Living a full life and including the blessing of horses means working and moving fast. Most weeks I have so much to do there is just no way I will get it done. My horses are a priority, and I have been able to hold that beloved line for almost three years. When I am at the stable I am still, focused, and very present. When I sit with a family or child, doing my work, I am focused and present. Still. The last few days I have been graced with the time to return to another kind of quiet focus . . . just sitting and being and breathing. Being still. How I've missed it. And as I become still my inner ear is opening and in soft, gentle whispers that small, quiet voice is making itself known, yet again. Intuition? Angels? The Creator? Grace? Whatever you choose to call the source, that voice is my connection to . . . to my soul, I do believe. And it leads to the shining
connection with life in all forms.




2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I try to get time in to meditate each day...a moment just to exist and nothing else. It seems to let me hear things that are important.

Lori Skoog said...

I LOVE this post. So well put and very sensitive. You sound like a very smart chick to me (and you have your priorities straight)......