Monday, November 16, 2009

Sure Hope That Was the Swine Flu . . .


. . . because it was just nasty and took me out for a solid two weeks. November is half gone and I'm just getting back on my feet. Today my lungs are clear, I have more than two brain cells to rub together, and I am so grateful to have recovered from a tough two weeks. Red and Lyra are VERY happy that we have returned to our regular schedule. I'm keeping Lyra out of the general pasture this week. She is very unhappily residing in our round pen so she can eat twice a day and gain some of the weight she lost when I was unable to get out of bed.


9 comments:

mj said...

Welcome back. You were missed! Hope that you are ready and able to take on the school system and all those kid-germs again!

Lori Skoog said...

So sorry to hear you were down so long. I wondered where you were! Stay healthy woman! What do you teach? Has there been swine flu in your school?

CTG Ponies said...

So glad you are feeling better!!

HBFG said...

I'm very glad that you are up and "kicking" again! :)) Welcome back!

Crayons said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were so terribly sick. Yes, it does sound like the Swine Flu. You and your horse are such good team members. It must have been horrible to know the he (she?) was out there without food.

Every time I visit your blog, that banner takes my breath away. It lights up something inside of me.

Ishtar said...

Poor Lyra... I'm glad you're up on your feet again!! You've been missed! Sending a big hug to you, Lyra, Red and the dogs!

Breathe said...

I was wondering where you were - I was the bahamas, not the flu!

Welcome back to the land of the living.

horseideology said...

So sorry you were sick, but glad you are doing better. Don't push it and get plenty of rest.

Tami said...

Glad your feeling back to normal!

Your horses are shagging up nice for winter!