Monday, January 18, 2010

Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom




Autumn is an eating machine. Her spirits are good, eyes again bright. The desparate, searching behavior with her muzzle has disappeared. Our vet visited tonight. Lots of good news. She has moved away from "the edge" and I can keep feeding her the regime I had started. She was wormed. Back in June she was SUPPOSED TO GET HER TEETH DONE!!!! She really needs it but Dr. Carlyle wants to wait for a couple of weeks until she has more weight. He did not give any vaccinations for the same reason.

Last night Red Horse went with me to get Autumn from the stall - his stall actually. His eyes literally bugged out when he saw ANOTHER horse in it. He hates his stall - throws his body against the wall whenever I leave him there. No matter, how DARE I share his territory with another horse!

Mosley AKA Elko also had his vet visit. The dude is a TANK. I suspect insulin resistance will be his main issue because in the middle of winter he still has a huge fatty crest in his neck. If I am long in his life he will have a crash course in ground manners. Kept pushing into the vet and doing some inventive head shakes to try to keep the Doc out of his mouth.

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Great news! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with these two.

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's wonderful. Glad she is eating and coming around so quickly. I'm sure everyone feels better already about her.

Once Upon an Equine said...

That must be very rewarding to see her relaxing at feed time and know she is improving. Her color is pretty; she will be gorgeous when she is well nourished.