Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 44 and 900 lbs - 100 to Go


Autumn has been exercising for a week now to start rebuilding muscles lost when she was starving. She has gained 60 lbs. What a huge difference. Her sweetness, calmness, and quiet attentiveness remain the same.

Today I lunged her under a saddle. She was "been there, done that" about the whole thing. Still skinny, no longer starving. She is becoming lovelier every day.

I wonder about the hundreds or thousands of other Autumns needing someone to lend a caring hand. Sweet horses that still have such vivid selves to share.

Moose is doing well. He is very ridable and he is gaited. My friend and co-rescuer is keeping him.

6 comments:

Kate said...

She looks better in every picture! What a lucky horse!

Lori Skoog said...

Such good news! Thank you and your friend for saving these two horses!

Esther Garvi said...

Autumn reminds me of Ebony, they are pretty much going through the same process. Thanks for your warm comment, Cherie!

Michelle said...

Hard to believe it's been that long already, it's flown by. She looks amazing (well, compared to the first photos). You all are doing a great job with her!

Grace Olsson said...

I found your link at ESTHER GARVI´S blog
I am so much worried.
I hope so taht she can be safe

have a nice day
graceolsson.com/blog

Callie said...

She is pretty, gotto love a bay mare. BTW, I've just tagged you for a Beautiful Blogger Award, come on over and pick up the spoils!