Monday, February 1, 2010

First Flowers in the General Pasture



On the last day of January, look what I found. Spring is still a faraway dream. Autumn is gaining weight. Three horses are considerably more work than two, as many of you know so well. I'm still seeking my rythym. For now Autumn will be staying with me. Our local rescue is "dormant" with six horses they are struggling to feed. We need a functioning rescue here on the coast.



Mud seems to be everywhere in my life. Shoes, bed, floors, stall, pen, truck. The blue skies in these photos were a brief and welcome respite from the rain that has returned this morning.



8 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful photos! and so glad Autumn continues to do well.

Breathe said...

I'm sorry to hear your rescue in your area is struggling. It seems like these places really have to have a patron to make a go of it. Donations from the public are just not enough.

Glad to see spring somewhere!

Michelle said...

Pretty photos. Seems a bit early for the first flower, though!

Lori Skoog said...

The way it looks here, I can't imagine flowers growing!

Sydney said...

Better go back underground there little flower. The frost will get ya.

CoyoteFe said...

I envy you your solitary flower. Out here, Spring just turned over, snuggled under her covers and went back to sleep. Soundly.

Once Upon an Equine said...

Beautiful flower. What a surprise this time of year. It brings hope!

Mary said...

I like that final shot :-)