Saturday, September 25, 2010

Red Waits for Me . . .




. . . almost every night. I got to Freshwater quite late tonight after a successful fundraiser for the rescue I volunteer with. Grabbed Red's halter, called to Lena (one of my dogs) and headed to the general pasture thinking I would have to walk the full 90 acres, looking for Red. Before I could even call for him, my Red Horse appeared at the gate. It didn't take much imagination to see that his "arms" were crossed and his toe a 'tappin. "WHERE have you been?"

He might be hungry, he might want his yummy crunchies . . . but when I hug him, scratch him, and listen to his big sigh, I like to think he was waiting just for me.


7 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

How sweet it is! A beautiful photo.

mj said...

Of course he was waiting for you!

Kate said...

A lovely feeling!

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's so sweet, there's nothing better than having an animals love.

Once Upon an Equine said...

I like to think that sometimes it's not all about food and treats. That sometimes they just want to be with their human herd mate. How fun that he was there waiting for you.

allhorsestuff said...

Nice when they really speak into the heart like that!
Sweet...loved it!
KK

gtyyup said...

He's so very beautiful...body and soul. He reminds me so very much of my Ol' Man Toby...in color and spirit. A treasure~