Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Angel - Still Waiting for a Home



It has been over a year since I started volunteering with Heart of the Redwoods Horse Rescue. Last August I became a board member. Recently we got a couple of boxes of records from the previous management and I spent an afternoon reading up on past and current horses.

When I came to Angel's file, I was just heartsick. She has been in the rescue since 2003. Oh, there have been a couple of foster homes and one adoption that didn't work out (inexperience rider and Arab mare not a good match), but HRHR has literally been her home for EIGHT years.
She is now 25 - and as these recent pictures show, still has SO MUCH TOO OFFER.

I would love hearing adoption strategy ideas from folks. We do the basics - petfinder, craigslist,
flyers at feed stores. Angel is an amazing horse, everyone who knows her adores her. I just really want her to be adopted into a home that will give her the appreciation she deserves.

For more about Angel, visit her page on the HRHR blog.

1 comment:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

She is beautiful...I hope she finds a home soon