Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Goodbye Captain Jack


Today a very good horse was given the gift of a dignified end.

Captain Jack had been fighting for recovery from a broken jaw, laminitis,
severe abscesses, and probable Cushings. While never without discomfort,

Jack kept making it clear to his team that he still had enough quality of life to keep up
the battle for recovery. Today things changed and yet another crop of abscesses
had him in such pain he did not get up, did not want to eat.

He was given a loving and dignified end.

Jack was a good friend of mine. He will be missed.

8 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

A very brave boy. This was a very bad year for abscesses. I also had to put a horse down (32) when they finally kept him from being able to get around. My deepest sympathies.

Kate said...

I am very sorry for your loss of a fine horse friend.

Once Upon an Equine said...

I'm sorry.

Loran said...

Oh it is so sad to lose a friend.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

He taught so many that life is worth fighting for. Rest in peace sweet boy and blessings to all who loved you

cdncowgirl said...

I've had your blog on my list of "to catch up on" for awhile now, and I don't usually comment until I'm caught up but I have to extend my condolences.

samihob said...

Great equestrian blog! Why not come over and post this too at Haynet http://hay-net.co.uk/ an Equine Social Blogging Network for more to follow!

desertsandbeyond said...

My condolences, too. It is never easy to lose an equine friend and companion.